Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy February!

Usually, this time of the year is so bleak, grey, and cold and all I want is for spring to arrive. This year, however, we have certainly not had much of a winter, unlike Europe with its record snow falls! Although I do enjoy snow I am not complaining and am just going to enjoy whatever we get.

This past Wednesday, luckily my day off from work, the temperature was actually in the low 60s! I took advantage of the spring-like weather and went for a hike in the woods at Centerport Beach with my friend Jane and her two lovely Australian Shepherd dogs, Della and Fenway. She has a great camera and always takes really nice photos. I love when pictures capture a bit of the dog's personality or quirkiness. Here is one that Jane took of Della jumping over a log that really captures her vibrant energy and highlights her gorgeous eyes:

photo by Jane Scott Cumming
Me with Della and Fenway (photo by Jane Scott Cumming)
We walked along the coast of the Long Island Sound at West Neck Beach at sunset, taking in the last few beautiful minutes of the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment