Thursday, February 26, 2009

POWERSHIFT!!!!



Tomorrow is the Powershift conference in Washington, DC and I am majorly stokked! You can check it out at: www.powershift09.org.

I am going with several other people from Binghamton University and it should be a great experience. I am really hoping to learn a lot. Over both weekend days we get to attend some really great-sounding workshops and then Monday, which is Lobby Day, we are going to meet with our elected officials and have a rally in support of alternative energy (which, contrary to popular opinion, does NOT include "clean" coal and biofuels). I made a really cool poster that says: "Don't be biofools!" =)

There are going to be some awesome big name speakers like Bill McKibben and Nancy Pelosi and, I think on Saturday night, The Roots are playing! On Friday there is a job fair that I will be attending in hopes of finding a cool environmentally -related job! It is definitely rough to be graduating with this economy.

I will definitely post about the conference (while I'm there if I can get a computer) and I will post photos when I get back.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are an amazing woman for all the things you do. And i love you

    ReplyDelete